Thursday, January 9, 2014

REVIEW: A Beautiful Wedding (Beautiful #2.5) by Jamie McGuire

You know that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?

Why did Abby pop the question?
What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
Where did they spend their wedding night?
Who else knew about it . . . and didn’t tell?

Everything about Abby and Travis’s elopement was top-secret . . . until now. Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster will get all of their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night!)—and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.





My Thoughts:

"The only thing I'm afraid of is a life without you Pigeon."

"Then you have nothing to be afraid of," I said. "We're forever."

I think that where Travis Maddox is concerned, you either love him, or you hate him. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of middle ground where he's concerned. Personally, I'm way deep on the love side. I love his alpha male tendencies. I love his passion. I love the way he loves. He's all in. I never once found myself questioning how much Travis loved Abby. It's deep. It's complete. It's perfect.

I'm not going to go into great detail about the Travis and Abby story. I'm pretty sure that we all know it by now. And if you're considering reading A Beautiful Wedding, you've most likely read A Beautiful Disaster at the very least. A Beautiful Wedding was a great , quick, fun read, that filled in some of the blanks that were left the first time around. As the title suggests, this book centres mostly around Travis and Abby's wedding, the lead up to it and the reasons for it. I have to say that at first I was a bit put off by Abby and her reasons. Yes, I understood those reasons, but I wanted more from her. But then I suppose I always end up getting my more from Travis, and he delivered again this time around. But there was a turning point in the book where it kind of all clicked into place and I really started feeling her love for Travis. And her love is just as deep. Just as complete. And just as perfect. I think she's just not as full on in expressing that love as what Travis is. And I just didn't like how her demeanour had Travis questioning things. Travis's alpha male tendencies were much more toned down this time around and he was clearly trying to be much less volatile for Abby. And I kind of missed that Travis. 

“A Maddox boy will take you all the way to the edge, but if you go with him, he’ll follow you anywhere…


And when a Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever.”

If you're a Travis and Abby fan, then this book will definitely scratch that itch for the need to spend more time with the two of them. As a huge fan, I found this one enjoyable, just as well written as the others, and a nice way to round out things as far as their story goes. It was a nice filler, with some steam thrown in to keep all us fans happy. And happy I was!! 

4/5 Sweet and Steamy Stars

A huge thank you to Simon & Schuster Australia for providing me with a copy to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...