Sometimes following your heart can end up destroying the ones you love.
When seventeen-year-old Eviana Dumahl is faced with the responsibility of an arranged marriage and clan leadership, she is forced to choose between the life required of a mermaid and one of a teenage girl simply infatuated with the wrong guy. Kain, her devoted fiancé would make a wonderful husband except that she’s been in love with Brendan, a shape-shifting selkie, ever since they were kids. Choosing to abandon her family, her clan, and her life with Kain will have dire consequences far beyond anything she could have imagined.
A war is brewing amongst the clans and Eviana unwittingly becomes a pawn in the intricate schemes of a twisted mastermind. With Brendan’s life on the line, she has no choice but to involve those who she once considered friends. Amidst encountering senseless tragedies and immense loss, Eviana discovers that she is more valuable as a clan leader than anyone ever suspected. Her survival is not only dependent upon the loyalty of her friends, but also on her acceptance of a life that she had so adamantly tried to escape.Promises is the first book of The Syrenka Series trilogy following Eviana and her friends through the perils of growing up in a discrete world that inherently threatens human society.
About the author:
Amber Garr spends her days conducting scientific experiments and wondering if her next door neighbor is secretly a vampire. Born in Pennsylvania, she lives in Florida with her husband and their furry kids. Her childhood imaginary friend was a witch, Halloween is sacred, and she is certain that she has a supernatural sense of smell. She writes both adult and young adult urban fantasies and when not obsessing over the unknown, she can be found dancing, reading, or enjoying a good movie.
Find the Author: Website l Blog l Facebook
Find Promises: Goodreads l Amazon l Smashwords l Barnes & Noble
The Syrenka Series In Six Words
1. Choice – Eviana is faced with a lot of decisions in the series, and she doesn’t always make the right one. The choice to listen to her parents and follow their plan proves to be one of the hardest for her, and even though she went one direction in Promises, she finds herself coming full circle by the end of Arise.
2. Secrecy – In this series, merfolk and the other water creatures like selkies and sprites live in secret amongst the humans. However, there are some who want to change the way they interact with the world and Eviana finds herself trapped in the middle of the battle.
3. Friendship – The relationships between Eviana and her friends are the ones that help get her through everything. Some of these evolve slowly, others develop into something much deeper. But through it all, each relationship is important to her and helps guide her into becoming the clan leader she was meant to be.
4. Love – Love for family, each other, and the secret they protect is central to the story in each book. Eviana learns how love can mean different things and the extent some will go to prove how much it means to them.
5. Water – A mermaid series wouldn’t make sense without a water component. Although my mermaids spend equal time on land passing as humans, catering to their other half is essential to their survival. Additionally, water sprites and selkies are an important part to their world, and Eviana discovers this as the series progresses.
6. Loyalty – In war, someone’s true intentions may not ever be known. Unfortunately, as the title Betrayal might imply, Eviana is surrounded by people she can’t always trust. Even up until the final battle, she finds that those closest to her often have ulterior motives.
You can check out the other tour stops HERE