Saturday, December 8, 2012

GUEST REVIEW: Emily's Trial (Akasha Chronicles #2) by Natalie Wright


Two years ago, Emily's journey began. She learned the ancient magic of her Celtic ancestors, and became a modern Celtic Priestess. The golden torc, forged by faerie hands, is still wound around her arm, fused to her soul. She was entrusted with powerful magic - secret knowledge.

But even a Priestess can feel desire - temptation - and the quest for love. Will passion entice Emily to use her sacred magic in a forbidden way? Can new love take root in a world of nightmares? And will her friendships survive Emily's Trial?

The Journey Continues . . 



Review:
This book is book 2 in a series (the first is Emily’s House) and I have to say that this book blew me away.  I thought Book 1 was good but this one was great- sooo much better.  This book takes place 2 years after book 1, so Emily is now 16.  She is still the Celtic Princess, armed with her magic dagger and golden torc.  Her best friends are still Fanny and Jake.  This time she enters a portal like in Book 1 but in this book she enters a different world than before.  This world is horrible- it is full of darkness, danger, despair and negativity.  The ruler of it, named Ciardha, lives and grows on people’s fears.  All the negative thoughts and fears Emily and her friends have while in this world come true and they actually live them.  It is a horrible place for them to be.  Can they survive that world alive?  If they do, will their friendships survive?  And will the real world survive or will it be taken over by darkness??  These are all things answered in the story.

The detail in the story made it so real.  I pictured every scene as if I was there.  I could not put the book down!  Natalie has a very creative imagination and I was impressed.  It has a lot of adventure and action and I loved the characters.  This story had a little more of a love interest thing going on than book 1 (which I liked) and I was very curious to see what would happen.  I was curious about Owen- a boy introduced in this book- and his real feelings for Emily.  I wondered if he really liked her or was using her to do magic and go into the portal. 

This book leaves you with a huge cliffhanger- something I usually do not like- but I was ok with it in this book.  It leaves you wanting much more and I cannot wait for book 3!!  A great read and job done by Natalie!!!

5/5 Stars!

Reviewed by Virginia Tesi Carey for YA Book Addict

Links: Amazon l  Barnes & Noble

Review of book one can be found HERE

*****

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...