Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY #64: Six Feet Over It by Jennifer Longo

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Home is where the bodies are buried.
 
Darkly humorous and heart-wrenchingly beautiful, Jennifer Longo’s YA debut about a girl stuck living in a cemetery will change the way you look at life, death, and love.
 
Leigh sells graves for her family-owned cemetery because her father is too lazy to look farther than the dinner table when searching for employees. Working the literal graveyard shift, she meets two kinds of customers:
 
Pre-Need: They know what’s up. They bought their graves a long time ago, before they needed them.
 
At Need: They are in shock, mourning a loved one’s unexpected death. Leigh avoids sponging their agony by focusing on things like guessing the headstone choice (mostly granite).
 
Sarcastic and smart, Leigh should be able to stand up to her family and quit. But her world’s been turned upside down by the sudden loss of her best friend and the appearance of Dario, the slightly-too-old-for-her grave digger. Surrounded by death, can Leigh move on, if moving on means it’s time to get a life?

Expected publication: August 26th 2014


That first line there has me feeling all creepy. Realistic fiction about a girl, death, a cemetery and a grave digger. I like the sound of this one!!
What book are you patiently waiting for the release of?

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds good! Thanks for introducing it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one on my wishlist too. :)

    Glass @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds pretty good. I must get it!

    my WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this book! I love the title though, it's very clever :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this before but it sounds really intriguing! Definitely adding it to my TBR.
    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds quite interesting and intriguing! I need to keep my eye on this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...