Wednesday, April 2, 2014

REVIEW: Ringer (Summer #3.5) by C.J. Duggan

Book Title: Ringer
Release Date: March 18th 2014
Genre: Contemporary New Adult
Cover Designer: Keary Taylor
Purchase: iTunes l Amazon  

They say it’s the quiet ones you have to worry about, and she was quiet, very quiet—when she wasn’t busy despising me with a burning passion.

Ringo ‘Ringer’ James has a no-strings-attached policy.

Love them, leave them, and remain the eternal bachelor. 

After a summer in which every one of his mates has succumbed to settling down, or so it seemed, Ringer is on the lookout for a quick exit. Having had enough of the stomach-turning love fest witnessed over the past three months, Ringer jumps at the opportunity to help out his mate, Max, by heading to Max’s dad’s property for a working holiday. 

It’s just what he’s looking for. A remote, dusty homestead in Ballan, with only hard work, a cold beer and a comfy bed to worry about – no women.

Until Miranda Henry.

The privately educated daughter of his boss has returned home from overseas and things are about to get very complicated, very fast. As summer draws to its end, Ringer is about to learn that sometimes attraction defies all logic, and that there really is such a thing as ‘enemies with benefits.’




My Thoughts:

I was suffocating.
I could feel it restricting my brain, exhausting me in ways I could barely describe.

Just when I think my heart has settled on which one of the Onslow boys I love the most, C.J. Duggan goes ahead and throws a spanner in the works and my head and my heart are all in a spin. Each of these boys have owned me at different stages throughout this series. And it's not over yet.

Ringo James isn't looking for love. In fact he's trying to get away from it. It seems that all his mates are paired off. And they seem completely happy and content with that. But Ringer is suffocating amongst all the love. So when an opportunity presents itself to get away from it all, Ringer jumps at the chance to get out of Onslow for a while.

No matter how big the house was, it was never going to be big enough for Miranda Henry and me. The wench should have come with a warning label.

Miranda Henry got out of Ballan as soon as she could. She didn't plan on going back any time soon. But things have a way of going the complete opposite of what you want, and Ballan is exactly where Miranda finds herself. And she's not happy about it. Look out Ringer!! Sparks are set to fly!!

She was turning me into a mad man, a man who wanted to beg and cave and do whatever she wanted.

Ringer is told in dual point of views, which was just perfect to capture the humour and the effect that they had on each other. There was no instant love between these two. In fact it seemed to be quite the opposite. Ringer is such a shit stirrer. He is so damn good at it. Boy, didn't he have Miranda tied in knots. But the thing that he wasn't expecting was that she would have the same affect on him. Miranda is the female version of Ringer when it comes to sarcasm and wit. She can dish it out with the best of them. They fed off each other brilliantly. The things that they did to get under each others skin and try to get the best of each other. They fought and goaded each other. They flirted and teased. They got hot and heavy.

The Summer series and it's characters have come to mean so much to me. I love every minute of the time that I get to spend with them. They are fun, they are multilayered, they are giving, they are heat, they are flirty, they are love, they are just right. 

Ringer was such a fantastic read and is packed full of everything that I've come to anticipate with C.J's writing. I can always count on her to give me exactly what I need in a book. Her incredible ability to write with such humour always manages to blow me away. The epilogue was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant!! I laughed so hard. It was the perfect ending. 

Grab yourself a copy of Ringer today. I guarantee that you'll laugh out loud, and it's an absolute given that you will fall in love.

Lucky I was a charming bastard when I wanted to be.

5/5 Perfectly Brilliant Stars

Author Bio:
C.J Duggan is the number one bestselling Australian author of the Summer Series! C.J lives with her husband in a rural border town of New South Wales, Australia. When she isn’t writing books about swoony boys and 90’s pop culture you will find her renovating her hundred-year-old Victorian homestead or annoying her local travel agent for a quote to escape the chaos.
Novels in the Summer Series includes: The Boys of Summer (December 2012), An Endless Summer (July 2013), That One Summer (December 2013), Ringer (March 2014) and the highly anticipated, soon to be released Forever Summer (July 2014).


For more on C.J and ‘The Summer Series’, visit
For more information about the Summer Series check out:
http://www.cjdugganbooks.com/books.html

Author Links:


Check out the whole Summer series on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...