Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY #25: Wild Cards (Wild Cards #1) by Simone Elkeles

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain--people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?

Add to Goodreads
Expected publication: September 24th 2013

*****

I'm a complete fangirl when it comes to Simone Elkeles. And sport. I love books that feature sport in them in some way. This book just ticks all the boxes for me!!
What book are you patiently waiting for the release of?

11 comments:

  1. Great choice!! It's my pick for this week too. XD

    arlene
    winterhavenMy Wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been seeing a lot of this one! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE how Simone writes! Nice pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people chose this one! Great WoW pick!!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just heard of this one today! I love that it features a female football player!

    ~Mandi Kaye | My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOve football so I will check this one out. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw this on another blog. Super interested in this book now :) Thanks for stopping by today!

    Toni @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for this one, too. I love books that feature female athletes. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Simone's other books but I haven't read them. I really need to get on that. Hopefully this summer. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a fan of Perfect Chemistry, so I should probably give this a try as well. Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...