Wednesday, May 28, 2014

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY #68: The Bodies We Wear (The Bodies We Wear #1) by Jeyn Roberts

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


A streetwise girl trains to take on a gang of drug dealers and avenge her best friend’s death in this thriller for fans of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’s Lisbeth Salander. 
 
People say when you take Heam, your body momentarily dies and you catch a glimpse of heaven. Faye was only eleven when dealers forced Heam on her and her best friend, Christian. But Faye didn’t glimpse heaven—she saw hell. And Christian died. 
 
Now Faye spends her days hiding her secret from the kids at school, and her nights training to take revenge on the men who destroyed her life and murdered her best friend. But life never goes according to plan. When a mysterious young man named Chael appears, Faye’s life suddenly gets a lot more complicated. Love and death. Will Faye overcome her desires or will revenge consume her?

Expected publication: September 23rd 2014
Add to Goodreads

*****

 Love, revenge, death. This one sounds kind of dark. Sometimes I like something different to the swoony romances I love.
What book are you patiently waiting for the release of?

6 comments:

  1. OOOh intriguing! Totally new to me but sounds like a good read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is different. Love the blurb and cover. Great pick :)
    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Now this is exactly my type of read. I love revenge based stories, and I mean, I don't really care because it had me by the title, ha.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I love thrillers like this so it's gone straight on to my wishlist as it sounds fantastic!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one does sound dark, but intriguing. Great pick, thanks for sharing :)
    Here's my Wow if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...