Thursday, May 22, 2014

REVIEW: Losing Logan (Losing Logan #1) by Sherry D. Ficklin

What if the one thing you never meant to hold on to, is the one thing you can’t let go of?

Normally finding a hot guy in her bedroom wouldn’t irritate Zoe so badly, but finding her childhood friend Logan there is a big problem. Mostly because he’s dead. 

As the only person he can make contact with, he talks Zoe into helping him put together the pieces surrounding his mysterious death so he can move on. 

Thrust into his world of ultra popular rich kids, Zoe is out of her element and caught in the cross-hairs of Logan’s suspicious ex-girlfriend and the friends he left behind, each of whom had a reason to want him dead. The deeper they dig to find the truth, the closer Zoe gets to a killer who would do anything to protect his secrets. And that’s just the start of her problems because Zoe is falling for a dead guy.



My Thoughts:

The moonlight is hitting him at an odd angle, making him almost glow. It's so beautiful that for a moment I'm transfixed by it. He looks over his shoulder at me and all I can think is how beautiful he is. Like an angel.
Then he opens his mouth.

OMG!!! I don't even know where to start with explaining my love for this book. I have never read anything by Sherry D. Ficklin before, and while I'm so cranky at myself for that, I'm also ecstatic that I got to fall in love with her writing through Losing Logan. This book was brilliantly written, from the dedication, that had me laughing so hard, to the very last page that saw me getting all teary. 

There are few things better than being surprised when reading a book, and Losing Logan managed to surprise me time and again. There were so many times that I had guesses about how I thought things were going to play out and each and every time my ideas were blown straight out of the water. The mystery of it all was just perfect. I was so thrown when things were revealed, because I never once was anywhere close to guessing how things were going to go.

"You look like a girl," he stammers.
I promptly flip him off. 
"Ah, there's my little princess."

The backwards and forwards bantering Between Logan and Zoe was witty and fun, sarcastic and snarky and provided some real laugh out loud moments. Are all of Sherry D. Ficklin's books so witty? I really need to get them and find out.

Even dead he's the most beautiful boy I've ever seen. From the sharp slope of his nose to the curve of his jaw, From his broad shoulders to his dirty blonde hair that is perfect-messy in the way only movie stars seem to be able to achieve.

The romantic aspect of the book was just mind blowingly wonderful. The author weaved these relationships so perfectly. I was so torn at times. My heart knew what it wanted, but then it wanted something else. What it got was a whole lot of sweet and swoony romance. Just how I like it!!

The ending was so beautiful, so sad, so happy, so good. It was all of that and more. My emotions were going everywhere trying to decide, and get a grip on exactly how I was feeling. I admit to being one to cry pretty easily when it comes to books. Teary, glassy eyes are just a given for me. But tears rolling down my cheeks... Not so much. And I was actually really surprised by it, because going into Losing Logan, that wasn't what I expected at all. 

This book will without a shadow of a doubt be one that I can genuinely say that I will be picking up again. It is going onto my list of best books that I've read so far this year. Go, go ,go, grab it. You're gonna love it!!

5/5 Completely Wonderful Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...