Saturday, May 3, 2014

REVIEW: Seeress (Runes #3) by Ednah Walters

I love Torin St. James...
I need his strength…
But someone from his past wants me dead.


Raine Cooper is certain of two things: her love for Torin St. James and her destiny to be a powerful seeress. But when she starts having premonitions, they are unclear and disturbing. Worse, they involve Torin. With her mother gone, her father dying, and her best friend in Hel, she is not sure who to talk to.

But when the visions become more personal and she foresees her future with Torin threatened by someone from his past, Raine becomes desperate for answers. Just her luck two new students arrive at her school and they seem to have answers. When with them, her powers are enhanced and her visions become clear. There is only one problem: Torin forbids Raine to see the two girls.

Can their love survive without trust?




My Thoughts:

Last fall, I'd been your average high schooler with a crush on her childhood friend. Nothing exciting was happening in my life, just a looming seventeenth birthday and swim practice. Then a leather-wearing, dark-haired british guy knocked on my door and my life had never been the same.

Torin St James, how I've missed your cockiness, your passion and that sexy smile. Once again, you managed to have me swooning and laughing.

Raine Cooper has started having visions. Visions that leave her confused by the things that she sees. It doesn't help that these visions aren't exactly clear, or that Torin seems to feature fairly prominently in them. Or that Raine doesn't like the things that she thinks she's seeing in them. As the visions become clearer, Raine realises that the time has come for her to get some answers. But Torin may not like who she turns to to get those answers.

"There. I won't distract you anymore."
Torin chuckled. "You're sitting on my lap."
"I'll move to the other end of the room." His arms tightened firmly around me.
"You distract me period, Freckles. Your voice. Your laugh." He closed his eyes, inhaled deeply and exhaled. "Your scent. My essence has a way of finding yours, so no matter where you run, I'll always find you."

Torin and Raine's love for each other shone through again. They really are perfect together. Their backwards and forwards banter was, as always, so much fun. They both give and take in each aspect of their relationship, even if it does take them a little while to get there. Although they still need to work on the sharing of information. There were times when both held things back from the other, but they eventually got there in the end.

There was a fair bit of head butting between Raine and Torin this time around. Torin was unflinching in his need to protect Raine and she was just as equally unflinching in her need to prove to Torin that she was strong enough to deal with things for herself. But I felt it all made them both stronger as a couple and it sure as hell made Raine stronger as a person. I love that she's grown a little with each book. You can really see her blossoming into the person that she's set to become. 

I loved that we learnt so much about Torin's past. As sad and as heartbreaking as it was at times, I found myself loving him all the more. His pain. There were so many times that I wished I could take it all away. Raine really showed her strength and her love when he was going through the worst. 

The action really picked up this time around. I was always kept guessing with what was going to happen next. It was suspenseful, dramatic and exciting. 

One of the things that I love most about this series is that Raine is surrounded by the most wonderful little group of people, all willing to support her. Even though they are not all related by blood, the love and sense of family is something beautiful.

Ednah Walters Runes series is easily one of my favourites and I find myself eagerly awaiting the next instalment to see what she has in store next. If you haven't read any of the series yet, then you're definitely missing out on a whole lot of awesome.

"We're lucky, aren't we?" Cora said.
I looped an arm around hers. "Why?"
"Our men have the sexiest asses in the entire universe."

5/5 Blossoming Raine Stars.

1 comment:

  1. Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. Its hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, You write very well which is amazing. I really impressed by your pos
    astrological consultation

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...