Sunday, June 17, 2012

REVIEW: Echo of an Earth Angel (Earth Angel #1) by Sarah M. Ross



SYNOPSIS: 
18 year old Tessa Copeland barely survived the worst year of her life—in fact, it was a miracle. After making it through the tragedy that killed both of her parents, she’s left to pick up the pieces of her life. Combating the holes in her memory and the concern of her friends was hard enough, but a new talent threatens to destroy everything she’s trying to reclaim. 
David Allegri didn’t mean to ruin Tessa’s life. She was the brightest soul he’d seen in centuries and he couldn’t let her die, so the fallen angel used his abilities to heal her—only he took it too far and changed Tessa forever. Now, he has to figure out a way to explain what’s happening to Tessa and somehow protect both of them from the consequences.

His choice made them targets for the Hunters, who will use any means necessary to capture their prey. Only a desperate plan can help them escape, and sacrifices will be made. Time is ticking. Will they make it, or will they be lost to the echoes of fate?


REVIEW:
Echo of an Earth Angel is the first book that I have read from this author. And I thank her for sending me a copy for review.


What I loved most about the book:
THE COVER: The hands are such a huge part of the story. And I love the visual of the hands being entwined. The power of touch in itself is such a wonderful thing! It evokes a whole range of emotions.
DAVID: The fallen angel. The healer. He cares so deeply!! I loved learning some of the things from his past that have made him the man that he is today.
TESSA: She is recovering from the worst year of her life when she first meets David, but what she's yet to discover is that this is not their first encounter. David has been a part of her life for the past year. Tessa is strong, caring and loyal. I loved her character and the journey of discovery that she made throughout the book.
THE SUPPORTING CHARACTERS: Morgan, who is Tessa's friend and Andre, who is David's friend, were so easy to like and Nico, the hunter was so easy to loathe!!
THE ENDING:What an ending!! The last few scenes had me sitting on the edge of my seat, dying to know what was going to happen next. And the twist with one of the characters near the end was awesome!!
THE AUTHORS WRITING: Incredibly easy to read!! The story flows really smoothly. Her writing manages to have you feeling such sympathy for the characters or laughing out loud at some of the things that they say.


I think that I would have liked some more time with David and Tessa. I really enjoyed the development of their relationship and I'm always a sucker for romance in books, so I'm hoping that we see more of that in book 2.


Echo of an Earth Angel was a really enjoyable read and I'm really looking forward to reading more of The Earth Angel trilogy!!


4/5


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble

2 comments:

  1. Oh this book sounds so amazing!! I'm going to add it to my list! I must! Thank you so much for giving such an informative and wonderful review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did Airicka!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...