Tuesday, June 12, 2012

REVIEW: The Earth Painter by Melissa Turner Lee




SYNOPSIS
When a self-conscious young woman discovers the boy in drama class is actually the immortal who painted the world into being, she becomes the target of another painter who hates humanity. The Earth Painter is a Young Adult Supernatural Romance set in the small mill town of Chesnee, SC. It revolves around Holly Scruggs, who's family has just moved back to Chesnee after her dad lost his job along with pretty much everything they owned. Her image conscious parents correct her to the point of brokenness until she meets Theo. He is the artist responsible for all the beauty of the land and he thinks Holly is beautiful too. Together they will fight against Fritz, the water painter who hates humans and is hiding a secret under the high school.


REVIEW
I was given a copy of The Earth Painter by Melissa Turner Lee to read and review. I was immediately captivated by the title. THE EARTH PAINTER...... I found the whole concept that someone had painted the earth enchanting!!!


Holly the main character is dealing with the pressures of a controlling mother who is all about the superficial. And Holly plays along... Until she meets Theo, The Earth Painter, and he makes her see herself differently. Theo is cute and caring, and that smile and those dimples!!!*Sigh* Holly's Character develops and grows throughout the book as do her feelings for Theo. And through all of that they join together to fight the obstacles that they encounter along the way.


I loved the support characters associated with Theo and they were like nothing I had ever read in any other book.


Once I started reading The Earth Painter I just couldn't put it down!! My only complaint is that I have to wait for the next installment. I can't wait to see where this story goes!!


I urge you all to get yourself a copy of this book. You will not be disappointed!!


5/5


Goodreads ~ Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...