Sunday, July 6, 2014

REVIEW: Rush Too Far (Rosemary Beach #4) by Abbi Glines

Get ready to fall hard for Rush… 

Fallen Too Far introduced us to Rush Finlay, the gorgeous charming son of a famous rock star, and Blaire Wynn, the girl from Alabama who rode into Rosemary Beach, Florida, in a pick-up truck with a gun under the seat looking for her estranged father. United under one roof by the surprising marriage of their parents, Rush and Blaire couldn't hate each other more. But it only took a summer to for everything to change… 

Fallen Too Far was Blaire's story. Now it's time for Rush to share his side, and for readers to fall all over again!




My Thoughts:

This isn't your typical love story. It's really too completely f**ked up to be charming. But when you're the bastard son of a legendary drummer from one of the most beloved rock bands in the world, you expect serious f**k-ups. It's what we're known for.

If you're reading this review then you have most likely read Fallen Too Far, so I'm not going to rehash the story for you, since you will know how things go. I think it pretty much goes without saying that when Abbi Glines writes a book, I fall in love. But to have her write a book from the males point of view is somewhat close to heaven. 

I fell in love with Rush back in Fallen Too Far, where we experienced the ride through Blaire's eyes. I loved Blaire for her strength and ability to make the hard decisions when faced with a challenge. And she was faced with quite a few big ones. Back then, I didn't fall in love with Rush immediately. It was much more of a slow burn. It happened over the course of the second half of the book, and, by the end, I was head over heels smitten.

I'm not sure if it was knowing how things were going to turn out in the story or just that I was better able to understand Rush's actions a whole lot more because I was reading his side of things, but I was on board with him much earlier in the piece in Rush Too Far. I think knowing he was so conflicted about things and being able to see his feelings first hand made it that much easier to love him.

Yes, Rush is hot. But I've come to want something more from my New Adult reads than the hot, tattooed, bad boy. It's been done so many times over. What I really loved most about Rush was his loyalty and his passion. As much as I couldn't like Nan, even so far as to say that I wanted to poke her eyeballs out at different points throughout the book, Rush's loyalty to his sister was something special. Not always warranted, in fact probably not warranted for most of the book, but given just the same, because he loves her and wants to protect her. I can't fault him for that. And he did put her in her place many times over when it came to Blaire. I really admired that about him.

I knew what her smile could do to me and how the way she looked at me controlled my f**cking moods. It was like she'd become the sun, and I'd started revolving around her. She was my centre.

Then there is his passion. That will get me every time. A passionate man is an incredibly attractive man. Rush loves Blaire with so much intensity. I think there's a little part in all of us that wants to be loved that way. A man who has no desire to settle down, falling hard, is one of my favourite things to read, and Rush Finlay fell hard!!

As always Abbi Glines writing was fantastic, engaging, and thoroughly enjoyable. If you're a fan of this series, then having a whole book written from Rush's point of view is sure to impress.

Loving someone you don't deserve isn't easy. It hurts like hell.

5/5 Rush Finlay Stars

A huge thank you to Simon & Schuster Australia for supplying me with this copy for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...