Friday, February 8, 2013

FIVE QUESTIONS WITH... Mari Arden

AUTHOR BIO: 
My name is Mari Arden (Mari- rhymes with safari). Teacher by day, author by night. I love my double life. You can also catch me at the gym attempting to sweat out all the sweets I eat when I write. Key word: TRY. I adore sushi and Chipotle burritos, and wouldn't it be paradise if they could be combined somehow?.... Well on second thought, maybe not. I'm one class away from my masters in education, and feel so fortunate to do two things I'm passionate about: teaching and writing. Adventurous? Come join my double life!

Links: Blog l Facebook l Goodreads l Twitter

Flame (Fireborn #1) by Mari Arden


Some secrets change your life forever. 

Have you ever felt invisible? I do. Everyday. I can't get close to anyone, and people can't get close to me. Everytime I feel a friendship beginning, something inevitably happens, and I become invisible again. Unseen. Ignored. It's been a part of me for so long that it's hard to imagine anything different. 

Then the Saguinox arrive, and my life is forever altered. People are fascinated by these beautiful creatures who look and talk like us. They're alluring. Seductive. Intoxicating. And two of them are going to my school. Rhys is everything I shouldn't want, but his eyes are like something from a memory. I can't help but be intrigued. He's the only one who can really see me. 

Some secrets you're better off not knowing. 

I had been found on a cold winter night with nothing but a blanket, and ashes covering my skin. My mother saved me from death, and took me in with love. But she couldn't save herself. I didn't think heroes were real anymore until the day Kaiden saved me. I couldn't believe in miracles until the day he revealed I was the miracle they had all been hoping for. Deep inside I always knew my past mattered.

I just didn't know my life would depend on it.

Expected publication: March 2013

Five Questions:

1. Why did you choose to write a book in the Young Adult genre?

It's simple why I chose to write YA: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE READING IT! I truly believe that some of the most memorable moments in a person's life comes during this age. It's a time for changes and new awakenings, and I love reliving that extraordinary time.

2. Who is your favourite character you have written and why?


My favorite character would have to be Chloris from my book "Flame" (releasing March 2013). She's a little timid, but she has a strong heart. I love relatable characters that are spontaneously funny

3. Describe a typical writing day for you?


My days are long! Living a double life is a lot of work. I'm a teacher by day, and an author by night. As some of you know teachers never really stop working. There's always more I can do to make each lesson better. I work from 7 am- 5:30 pm, have dinner/ run short errands and then write until midnight or one am. My sister tells me that my hectic days might be aging me (gasp), but it's all worth it because I get to do what I love. Plus someone told me I look fifteen (I'm twenty five) so I figure I got a good ten years left in me.

4. What are you reading at the moment?

In no order I am reading: 

Wicked Fate by Tabitha Vargo
Here by Ella James
Airel by Aaron Patterson and Chris White
Collide by Gail McHugh


5. If you turned your ipod on now, what would be the song that is currently playing?


I have an extremely diverse taste in music. I listen to everything from foreign music (like bollywood- can't understand a word of their songs but their melodies are so catchy!) to rap (again can't understand a word their saying, but their beats are awesome!) Just currently downloaded some good ole' fashion boy band music. Here's Backstreet Boys.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...