Wednesday, July 10, 2013

REVIEW: Devoted (Watcher's Trilogy #2) by Katherine Polillo


Can love conqueror all? 
Michelle has managed to survive high school against all odds, but now she finds herself floating adrift in “the real world”. With two horsemen defeated, there are still two unaccounted for, and surely they are plotting her immediate demise. Michelle leaves her small New Jersey town behind to venture off west. Barely able to comprehend her role as humanity’s savior, she now has to grapple with some new roles and identities. With her Watcher, Gabriel, by her side she must again face the evils of Hell and attempt to keep her family safe. Will love conquer all or will till death do us part come too soon?



Buy Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Smashwords




My Thoughts: 

As life goes, perfect moments don't last forever. Sooner or later, reality or life gets in the way and spoils things. All we can hope for is that we recognize the perfection in the moment and drink it all in while we can.

Talk about rip my heart out and stomp all over it!!! Oh my gosh!!! This book was a complete and utter roller coaster of emotions. I had periods of being so deliriously happy with the way things were going and then I would jump to the complete opposite end of the scale and feel like my heart was breaking!!

Book two in the Watchers Trilogy, Devoted, picks up right where book one ended. Gabriel and Michelle are on their way to once again meet up with Michelle's mum and Cami. There are still two horsemen to deal with and that thought is never far from Michelle and Gabriels mind. But in between all of the stress of that, they still manage to find time for each other. Time to enjoy the beauty of their love. And Devoted took their love to a whole new level.

I felt as if I could drown in him. submerge myself in his smell, his taste and be completely swept away. I needed more, longed to be as close to him as physically possible. 

I loved the first book in this series and I absolutely loved this one. I'm not sure which one I would pick as my favourite because both were equally as good as the other, but Devoted gives us a much more mature and grown up set of characters. I suppose when you are told that you are the defender of humanity and are dealing with the things that these guys have had thrown at them, then there really is no other option but to grow up. Devoted really highlighted the strength of the characters for me.

This whole book was so fantastic but there were a few chapters that were so freakishly good that I had my heart in my mouth while I was reading them. There is no doubting that Katherine Polillo is a superb author. She writes in such a way that you can't help but be drawn to the characters and the story.

Devoted covers a fairly large timeframe and there were periods when it jumped months at a time and at one stage it actually moved forward a few years, but I never felt that at any time the story was missing anything.

Oh my god that ending!! The second last chapter... I had some serious goosebumps running up my arms and im pretty sure that the hair on the back of my neck was standing on end. So freaky!!! Argh!!! I can't wait to see where the author is going to take us next!!! And the last chapter set up everything in readiness for the next book. And I need it now!!! 

If you haven't had the absolute pleasure of reading this series, then you really need to rectify that today. I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do!!

Staring into those gray eyes, I swore I saw it all. I saw the beginning, the end, and the purpose of my life all wrapped up in that one perfect moment.

5/5 Heart wrenching Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...