Friday, July 5, 2013

FIVE QUESTIONS WITH... Rebecca Lewis

Rebecca Lewis is the author of the Young Adult novel, Merch Girl, and a lover of all things music! She's been writing stories since middle school and penned her first fanfic about a semi-popular boyband in 1997 (if you search hard enough you can still find it stuck in the Interwebs!)

Her passion for music and writing brought her to Boston University, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science from the College of Communication. During her college career, she interned for various record labels in Boston and New York City, sold merch for some local bands, worked at record stores, and did a whole lot of grassroots marketing.

She currently resides in Florida with her husband and puppy.



Author Links: Website / Twitter / Facebook / Goodreads

Merch Girl:
Seventeen-year-old Lacey Kind doesn’t have the guts to talk to cute boys, isn’t a size two, and would rather stay home and listen to music than go to a party. But in the summer before her first year of college, she ends up thousands of miles away from home, in the back of a tour bus, underneath the half-naked body of the hottest teen rock star in the country.

When Lacey and her best friend Trina sneak into a Boston nightclub to see their favorite band, they not only get to watch their rock gods perform for the first time, but score a chance to meet the band too. Lacey’s heart races as she comes face-to-face with her idol, nineteen-year-old lead singer, Logan Shire.

The girls charm their way into being hired to sell merchandise on Lansdowne’s first summer tour. As “merch girls” Lacey and Trina quickly find themselves transported from their ordinary, suburban life to an exhilarating few months on the road. But they soon realize that life on the road isn’t always a smooth ride...


Buy Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble 

Five Questions:

1. Why did you choose to write a book in the Young Adult genre? 

Being a “young adult” is exciting, emotional, and ever-changing. You’re thinking about the future, you’re worrying about the present; you can’t stop analyzing your relationships. Anxiety runs high, but it’s a time when you can take risks without falling too hard if you fail. I think it’s a period in life that just begs to be written about.

2. Who is your favourite character you have written and why? 

Logan Shire, the lead singer of the teen rock band, Lansdowne. He’s sexy and sweet, and did I mention he’s a rockstar?! It was fun to dream up the perfect guy for my main character, Lacey. She’s sometimes shy and unsure of herself, but Logan made her feel so confident and so loved.

3. Describe a typical writing day for you? 

I have a day job that I love, so I only get to write late at night and on the weekends. I don’t have a typical routine, but when I do write, I usually have my iTunes on shuffle and my dog sitting on the futon behind me.

4. What are you reading at the moment? 

I’m currently reading Playing Along by Rory Samantha Green. The last book I read was Chasing Forever Down by Nikki Godwin which was a super fun read, I loved that book.

5. If you turned your ipod on now, what would be the song that is currently playing? 

I have an eclectic taste in music, from boybands to rock and a little bit of everything in between. But, I just turned on my iPod and “Just Friends” by Gavin Degraw came on. I love his voice and he’s a great performer. My favorite band in the world though is Hanson, and the last concert I went to was One Direction in Miami!


*****

Thanks so much for sharing your answers with us Rebecca. Gosh, I haven't listened to Hanson for ages. They write such catchy songs!! Mmm Bop is still one of my favourites!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...