Wednesday, December 3, 2014

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY #79: The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


When seventeen-year-old Minnow stumbles out of the woods one winter morning, she is haunted and handless and covered in someone else’s blood. She has just escaped the strict religious commune run by a cruel man named the Prophet. In exchange for freedom, she leaves behind her family, her home, and Jude--an outsider boy who changed everything. 

But the real world isn't the sanctuary Minnow imagined. Soon, she gets arrested and placed in juvenile detention. Now, Minnow is being questioned by an FBI psychiatrist about the night she escaped, the same night the Prophet was burned to death in his own home—a murder Minnow may be responsible for.

A modern retelling of the Grimm fairy tale, "The Handless Maiden," in which the Devil orders a girl's hands cut off, The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly is the story of a girl growing out of the wreckage of corrupted faith.


Expected publication: June 9th 2015


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

I've always had a fascination with cults so this one has me completely intrigued, along with the fact that it's a retelling, which I love.
What book are you patiently waiting for the release of?

9 comments:

  1. Oh nice! Saw this one on Edelweiss! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Which is what drew me to it straight away, haven't read many (like one or two this year) so hoping it's done good. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! This one looks so amazing (and it's already on the list for a future WoW post, actually)! I cannot wait to get my hands on it! I hope you love it :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one that sounds sooooo good! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds really really good, but I'm not sure its for me. Hope you enjoy it though.

    Here's my post

    Also, I have a $30 Amazon giftcard giveaway going on, so don't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOA! This is wicked! Happy...or perhaps creepy reading! LOL!
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this. Love the cover. Enjoy! My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...