Friday, September 7, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS WITH... Tiffany Luv Wright


I love living life to the fullest. We as a family, sincerely enjoy traveling and discovering new adventures. I think that traveling over the years has really sparked my interest in writing fiction. There isn't anything better than taking characters to a whole new level, and bringing to life new worlds, or weaving stories out of our everyday lives.
I am a very active mother of 4 children, all of which love books. I really try to teach them to question everything until the right answer reveals itself.
I love writing fiction, and fiction is such a passion for us as a family. There isn't any greater gift, than that of imagination.
Finding Stones (Tales From A 20 Year Old Witch)
20 year old Jaxx had everything a girl could dream of, until she meets her lifes mission in the mines of New Mexico, beginning a descent in to a world of witchcraft, ancient demon enemies, and Immortal lives, realizing that growing up means coming to terms with the eternal battle between good and evil, and the line blurring at every turn. It introduces new enemies and fictional characters, as well as a strong and independent young heroine. 
Jaxx had moved around her entire life, until settling in Silver City, NM., where she meets the best friends she cannot imagine her life without. She enters in to a world of witchcraft handed down in her family for centuries, and learns that sometimes you have to hold on to those friendships in the physical and spiritual world in order to continue the journey. 
Gut-wrenching losses, eternal battles between good and evil, and finally able to let go of the material world, Jaxx slides in to an Underworld where witches, spirits, Immortals, Lusts, and other demonic creatures rule. She loses some of the people closest to her, and gains new relationships that are furious with love and purpose. 
The evil lurking right around the corner is bad enough, but when she realizes how fine the line is between good and evil, it threatens to consume all of the love she has known. She draws her power from earthly stones, and each person has a power connected to the elemental stones destined to them. As her battle pushes on, she realizes that she has only tapped the surface of what exists in our world.

Casting Gems (Tales From A 20 Year Old Witch)
Continue with the Elemental Witches on their journey in Book Two of the Tales From A 20 Year Old Witch Series. "CASTING GEMS"
Join Jaxx as she embarks on a heart-wrenching journey riddled with new enemies, as she battles her feelings for Chase, and suffers a life-altering loss. 
This book is full of suprises at every turn, and you had better get your passport ready, because these young witches are going to embark on a journey that will take you across the globe! 
Let author Tiffany Luv Wright take you on yet another journey through the paranormal realm, with the hottest and most exciting witches to make their debut! The twists and turns in "Casting Gems" will leave you begging for more! Good luck on putting this one down, this will be the newest craze to hit the YA Paranormal Genre! 

*contains language, strong sexual content, and suggestive themes*

Links: Goodreads l Amazon l Barnes & Noble l Twitter l Facebook l Blog

Five Questions:
1. Why did you choose to write a book in the Young Adult genre?

I adore the YA genre. I think it is so important for the younger generation to immerse themselves in to imagination and the creative process, I sometimes wonder if we are pushing for the YA crowd to be more logical, and that is a sad loss in my opinion. YA novels are so creative and bring so much to the table. And for the older generation who still read them, I think it speaks volumes about their young hearts. 
 
2. Who is your favourite character you have written and why?

Gosh, I love Jaxx. She is an extension of my own personality, and I love writing about Gretta. She is so to the point, and really represents Water in my beliefs. She is strong, and can carry a lot on what appear to be tiny shoulders, and she loves and has a hard time letting that part of herself out. 

3. Describe a typical writing day for you?

I just write. I try and write whenever I can, I am a mother of 4 as you know, and so I really just try and get it done when I can. I don't outline much, I am a thinker....so I'll think about it, and after a few backspaces, I get out what I am trying to say. I guess I outline in my head. I am always scouting new things out in my everyday world that I can incorporate in to my stories. 

4. What are you reading at the moment?

I still have Need, and The Last Vampire Series, plus a book called Old Souls about reincarnation. Alternating between those 3. 

5. If you turned your ipod on now, what would be the song that is currently playing? 

Damien Rice, I rotate him and David Gray a lot. I love The Blowers Daughter, Cold Water, and Cheers Darlin'.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...